Sunday, April 22, 2012

Anime Review: Kuroshitsuji aka Black Butler
           It only makes sense for my first anime review to be over one of my favorite animes of all time. Kuroshitsuji has 2 seasons and they do not follow the manga. The first season starts off following the manga but, at around the 5th episode, it goes off on a completely different track.
         The series is about a 13 year old boy named Ciel Phantomhive. His house and parents get destroyed by a fire that someone started. Ciel was then made into a slave. During that time he was extremely abused. Ciel was on the edge of death when a demon came to his side. The demon proposed that Ciel make a contract with him. In exchange for Ciel's soul, the demon would protect Ciel and would help Ciel kill the people who murdered his parents. Ciel agrees to the contract and he names the demon Sebastian. That is the base for the story.
      Ciel's family, the Phantomhives, have a job. They are to take away the Queen's worries. So Ciel and Sebastian go around solving crimes for her. Ciel believes that in due time, the people who murdered his parents will return to kill him. So, while Ciel waits for them to come, he goes around doing the Phantomhive's duties as head of the house.
      This anime is very dark and the plot gets rather twisted twoards the end. The animation is good there's really nothing I can fault it for. It's a great anime to watch.
       Now onto the second season. This season is good only if you read the manga. I'm saying that because the second season screws up the story but, if you read the manga, you don't care because you know it's not the real story. That being said this season is quite complex.
       It introduces a new character called Alois Trancy and his demon butler Claude. This entire season has to do with a battle between Claude and Sebastian. If I told you anymore it would be considered spoilers. Some people say not to watch it, but I enjoyed it a lot.
      All in all, I give the entire series a 8.5/10 score.

      

1 comment:

  1. I never actually watched the anime, let alone read the manga. DON'T HURT ME! XD

    ReplyDelete